Transformation of a Purchasing Division into an Internal Business Partner
The Purchasing Division of a beverage company had to move its focus from cost efficiency and savings, to being a true partner to the business and to the R & D Department in terms of innovation. The client needed to accelerate the transformation of purchasing into supply and sourcing development.
The worldwide purchasing committee — comprised of purchasing directors from the main business units around the world, as well as purchasing executives from corporate — participated in a two-day work session to create a vision and critical initiatives for 2007. They also developed practices for implementation.
The client finished the engagement with a clear actionable plan to rapidly transform the Purchasing Division by:
- Creating a bold and inspiring vision
- Building a strong partnership with the R&D Division
- Developing critical initiatives thatwere innovative
- Assigning someone to coordinate the execution of the initiatives
- Successfully completing all initiatives, thus demonstrating the transformation