Partner – Pennsylvania
Since 1977, Bonnie Wingate has been a critical interface with executives of large multinational corporations to support and expand their business success.
She credits her early career years in Wilmington, Delaware as ones that set the tone for her passion to be of service to clients. Many large corporations, such as the 214-year-old DuPont Company, are located there and became her long-term clients. They played a key role in her professional development and success. Bonnie grew the start-up division of a local personnel service from the ground up so well that seven years later Day & Zimmermann (D&Z) purchased her company. She was an Executive Vice President before the purchase and retained that position during five years with D&Z.
To catalyze breakthrough performance, Bonnie has instituted Insigniam’s methodology at Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, fast moving consumer goods, food, and banking as well as in not-for-profit organizations. Working with a cross-functional team on a Breakthrough Project in the medical device industry, Bonnie guided the team to produce results the client stated as being not only ‘unpredictable but impossible’. The team deployed Insigniam’s methodology to make their submission to the FDA four months ahead of schedule and launch the product nearly six months early capturing an unmet need in the marketplace. Within a year this product was the global market leader in sales not only in its product segment but also in the overall category. That was the power of breakthrough performance in this organization.
Consistent with Insigniam’s commitment to give back generously to our communities, Bonnie has volunteered her leadership in multiple nonprofits from the beginning of her career. A strong focus has been guiding the advancement of women professionally and in business. She currently serves the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) as part of its Executive Committee and will move to Vice President of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter for 2015. Her first Board Director position with HBA was 2012-13.
She is the proud, single mother of Kate and Ben, both of whom have launched their own careers in service.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Indiana University
Awards and Recognition:
- Insigniam annual award for inspiring her teammates in 2005 and 2010
- Insigniam annual award for increasing value, 2010
- Insigniam annual award for generating value, 2010 and 2012
- Serving on a leadership team that produced an Annual Global Leadership Conference for The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association in 2010 and 2011
Public Speaking and Service:
- Board member, Fresh Start Scholarship Foundation, the charitable arm of Wilmington Women in Business, 2003-2004
- Board Director, Greater Philadelphia Chapter of The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2012-2013
- Executive Committee, Greater Philadelphia Chapter of The Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2014-2015
- Volunteer in academics, women’s workplace equality, career advancements, and church groups.
- Speaker, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Annual Conference “Creating Dramatic Growth Through Sustained Innovation”, 2014
Thought Leadership Articles:
- Wayne Gretzky and Tips for Breakthrough Performance, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, July 2015
- Building A Passion For Growth, InsigniamQuarterly, May 2015
- Acknowledgement: Power Tool for Transformational Leaders, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, April 2015
- Primed for Breakthroughs, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, February 2015
- Respect: A Tip for Transformational Leadership, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, December 2014
- Managing Change: Increase Women’s Confidence and Increase Their Career Potential, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, October 2014
- Culture Change: Being Simply Irresistible, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, September 2014
- Breakthrough Performance: Increasing Your Productivity, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2014
- Golf and Breakthrough Performance in Business, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, February 2013
- Barriers Are Fuel For Innovation, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, November 2012
- Discipline as Inspiration?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, November 2012
- Are your managers complacent or just uninspired?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, September 2012
- What Does Smiling Have to do with Off-the-Charts Performance and Results?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, August 2012
- 5 simple ways you can let employees know they can count on you, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, August 2012
- Leadership and Failing, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, July 2012