Partner – France
A highly capable strategic thinker with extensive experience in financial management and corporate strategy across multiple industries, Marie-Caroline Chauvet has been instrumental in building strong corporate governance and successful business cultures. As an Insigniam partner, she brings more than two decades of corporate experience and the ability to integrate new global brands, including 10 years as executive and division controller to the world’s largest cosmetic company. Beyond cosmetics, she has helped grow companies in chemical, retail, consumer goods, aerospace, and other industries.
Marie-Caroline instills bold ambition in teams by designing processes to reach immediate goals and to continuously improve on those results. She has successfully led multicultural teams, even in divisions with a history of centralized decision-making. Her depth of experience makes her a critical senior member of the Insigniam Design & Innovation Team.
Her leadership enabled the research and development team of a leading European chemical company to establish new partnerships within the group’s divisions and prompted the CEO to boost the R&D investment six fold.
An example of the value that she generates for Insigniam’s clients is the engagement that she led with a billion-dollar family owned company, to develop an inspiring future, position the brand to powerfully integrate acquisitions, define the five-year project plan, and coach the execution road map. This work allowed the client to broaden formerly narrow perspectives that were driven by geography or functional organizational structures to expand their strategic frame and drive alignment to the vision. This yielded revenue growth in a flat or declining market and richer perspectives for the product portfolio and geographic expansion.
Marie-Caroline worked with the president, executive committee, and leadership coalition of a chemical company on strategic alignment and breakthrough projects when the company was faced with declining growth and lack of organizational direction. The company rebounded from the 2008 global economic crisis and was back on the growth track.
Working in the Middle East with a cross-functional, multicultural task force, she led an initiative that achieved alignment and breakthrough resolution of a stalled project in gas exploration. Decisions were critical in the face of the capital expenditure already invested and for the past months blame and finger-pointing had prevented any creative thinking and action to resolve the breakdown. This intervention enabled critical decisions to be made for optimal allocation of resources.
A leadership program in the aerospace industry engaged 160 executives to redesign the future of their division and lead catalytic projects that impacted key projects such as improvement in schedule adherence and a break in the 45 degree slippage trend. The unit won a high-stakes bid in 2014, with customer feedback that acknowledged the transformation over the past three years.
Fond of the arts and active in skiing, cycling, and hiking, Marie-Caroline also enjoys discovering the world and spending time with her husband and three grown children.
- Master of Business Administration, International Business, Université Paris-Dauphine
- Executive Education General Management Program, INSEAD/CEDEP
- Pre-doctorate in Strategy with dissertation on corporate governance, University of Toulouse
- Stanford Design Thinking Action Lab and Crash Course on Creativity
- Creativity & Innovation Course, Disney Institute
Public Speaking and Service
- Speaker, World Innovation Convention, Cannes, Enterprise Innovation: Unleash the inherent creativity of your company and create the culture & infrastructure to generate and execute innovation sustainably, 2013
- Speaker, HBA Paris, 2014
- Speaker, World Innovation Convention Cannes,2014
- Speaker, “Creating Dramatic Growth Through Sustained Innovation”, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Annual Conference, 2014
- Speaker, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Paris “Soft Skills Of The Future: introduction to Design Thinking”, 2014
Awards and Recognition
- Board member of Product Development and Management Association, 2014-2017
- Speaker, World Innovation Conference, 2013
- Taught management accounting at the Toulouse Business School for three years
- Led workshop on personal branding for executive education at the Toulouse Business School for three years
Thought Leadership Articles
- Co-Author, Design Thinking: New Product Development Essential from the PDMA (Product Development and Management Association), Chapter 12 “Leading for a Corporate Culture of Design Thinking”, November 2015
- Culture and Innovation: Are you really listening to your gen Y employees?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, June 2015
- A foundation for extra-ordinary management results: Your onboarding process, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, April 2015
- Can transformational leadership shift the conversation for gender equality?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, April 2015
- Reimagining Magic: Experimenting your way to success, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, April 2015
- Four Pillars of Innovation: Part I – Today’s Needs vs. Tomorrow’s Vision; Part II – The indestructible infrastructure; Part III – Forging the process; Part IV – Crafting the culture; Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, February – March 2015
- Embracing the Intrapreneurial Way, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2015
- Strategic transformation from L’Oréal makes its multicultural portfolio more beautiful, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, October 2015
- Truly Creating Strategic Outcomes For 2014, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, December 2013
- Acknowledgement And High Performing Teams, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, October 2013
- Inspiration In The Work Place, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, Jun 2013
- The Source Of Performance, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2013