Scott W. Beckett
Partner – Minnesota
As the youngest person to be named Partner at Insigniam, Scott Beckett’s vast expertise and results-driven strategies have put him in high demand during his 17-plus years with the firm.
Scott focuses on providing insight and innovation to spur clients to exceed expected management results. He is a member of Insigniam’s Design & Innovation team and a member of the Management Committee, responsible for consultant talent acquisition.
Scott’s results-oriented approach has provided clients with substantial financial benefits. He helped a cross-functional team slash spending by 42 percent in a multi-billion dollar global distribution system, and he deployed an innovative approach within an American aerospace manufacturing company to cut the time to build an aircraft by 25 percent.
He used Insigniam innovation consulting to support a Forbes Global 500 multinational food and beverage company to completely redesign the go-to-market and distribution, resulting in error-free product launches.
Scott also coached a global airline’s middle management team to drive employee empowerment, resulting in a 12-point year-to-year improvement in employee engagement scores. Customer engagement scores increased as well, climbing from their long-term results of 41-43 percent to more than 60 percent. Participant-led projects generated an estimated $250 million to $350 million in additional revenue.
An Eagle Scout himself, Scott continues to work diligently with the Boy Scouts of America in myriad roles, including Vice Chairman of Program for the 2013 and 2017 National Scout Jamborees, as well as serving as Vice Chairman of American Hiking Society. Spending time with his wife, Adrienne, a food industry business executive, and with their basset hound hiking, skiing, and enjoying the natural world around him provide Scott with great joy and relaxation.
- Bachelor of Arts, English, University of Denver
- Master of Arts, Education, University of Denver
- Doctorate of Education, Organizational Leadership, Pepperdine University (in progress)
- Consumer-Focused Innovation Program, Stanford University
Awards and Recognition
- The President’s National Volunteer Service Award
- The President’s Call to Service Award
- 2015 Silver Antelope Award, Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout
- National Distinguished Service Award, Boy Scouts of America
- Recognized twice by Insigniam as delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction and client return on investment
Public Speaking and Service
- Executive board, Denver Area Council, BSA
- Vice Chairman, American Hiking Society
- Vice Chairman, the Order of the Arrow (Boy Scouts of America National Honor Society)
- Speaker, “The Future of Healthcare” at the National Organization of Nurse Executives Conference, 2003
- Speaker, the Healthcare Fellows of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Speaker, Marshall School of Business MBA program, University of Southern California
- Speaker, multiple times to the national professional leadership of the Boy Scouts of America, most recently to a gathering of 3,000 attendees
- Facilitated the development of the Boy Scouts of America’s strategic plan as it entered its second century of service
- Deputy chairman for programs for the 2013 National Boy Scout Jamboree
Thought Leadership Articles
- Communication & Leadership: The two empty holes of what ails you, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, July 2015
- Leadership is an explanation; Action is what matters, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, July 2015
- Design Thinking: Part I – Everyone is a Designer; Part II – Prototyping Perfection; Part III – Creators Are Not Referees, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March – April 2015
- Q&A With Robert Wiseman, InsigniamQuarterly, January 2015
- The Power Of Coordinated Action, InsigniamQuarterly, October 2014
- If Email Isn’t Getting Results, Change It, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, December 2012
- Innovative Management Strategies, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, December 2012
- When Commitments Don’t Matter, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, August 2012
- Leading When You’re Not In Charge, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, May 2012