Consultant — United States
A former senior executive at technology leader Control Data Corporation, Bill Fitzgerald holds more than thirty years of experience in computing and technology.
As an Insigniam client in the early 1990s, Bill led the effort to transform Control Data Corporation’s U.S. Government Systems operation. During the three-year engagement, the organization experienced a quality breakthrough that yielded a 10x return in provable profit improvement and won the Minnesota Quality Award.
Bill’s expertise extends to the military, and he has worked with the Israeli armed forces and the U.S. Navy. Bill’s computer and technical expertise were critical in helping build and support the mission computers for the Navy’s F-18 and F-14 fighters.
He has also managed international finance and systems operations in more than thirty-five countries and led a new line of business from start-up to $500 million in annual revenue.
Bill holds a B.S. in Accounting from Farleigh Dickinson University.
Awards and Recognition
- Executive of the Year, Minority Supplier Development Council of Minnesota, 1996
- Executive Development at INSEAD in France, 1996
- Minnesota Quality Award, 1995
- U.S. Department of Defense procurement school
- Texas Instruments 6 sigma course
- Acknowledged in The Eye for Innovation, by R.M. Price, former CEO of CDC
Public Speaking and Service
- Speaking engagements in the computer and technology industries
- Initiated Black History Month observance at Control Data Corporation
- Served on the board of Elbit in Israel and the board of the Microelectronics Computer Consortium