Consultant - United States
Julie Weber has over twenty-five years of experience in the medical device and pharmaceutical industry and a broad range of global experience, including in product development and commercialization, strategy, marketing, competitive intelligence, and sales.
Julie’s career includes two decades as a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, and she possesses expertise in medical device and pharmaceutical product development and commercialization. Julie was an Insigniam client for over ten years of her time at J&J; during this time, she led a global cross-functional breakthrough project team to develop and launch a novel medical device in record time. Within eighteen months of launch, the product became the number one selling global contact lens brand.
As a consultant at Insigniam, Julie worked with a manufacturer tasked with reducing the cost of a product to compete with a new market entrant. The client decreased the number of components in the product by 25% and produced a 40% reduction in the total cost of the product. Some of these cost saving measures were transferable to other product lines and yielded over 50x return on investment for the client.
She holds a B.S. in Chemistry and an MBA from the University of North Florida.
Awards and Achievements
- Rising Star, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2015
- Gold Encore Award, Johnson & Johnson, Leading National Accounts Scenario Planning Workshops, 2013
- Platinum Standards of Leadership Award, Sales Force Restructuring, Johnson & Johnson, 2012
- Raising the Bar Award, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2012
- Gold Standards of Leadership Award, for Chairing the first Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Global Leadership Summit, Johnson & Johnson, 2009
- Standard of Leadership Award for Comprehensive Care Strategic Plan, Johnson & Johnson, 2008
- Six Sigma Trained
- Johnson & Johnson Talent Acceleration Program
Public Speaking and Service
- Speaker, 2015 HBA Annual Conference, “From Managing Change to Leading Transformation”
- Board Member, Mission House Homeless Day Facility, 2011-2015
- Director-At-Large, Florida Chapter Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2013-present
- Vice President, Florida Chapter Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2012-2013
- Secretary, Florida Chapter Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2011-2012
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Women’s Leadership Initiative, Co-Chair, 2005-2007
Thought Leadership and Articles
- Authenticity: A Key Enabler for Breakthrough Performance, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, November 2015
- Leading Change: Gender Diversity Yields Business Results, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, August 2015
- When Breakdowns Become Breakthroughs in Performance, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, June 2015
- Leading Change: What happen when you get related?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, May 2015
- Transformational Leadership: Is what you know getting in the way of what is possible? Part 1 and Part 2, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2015