Scott W. Beckett
Partner - United States
Scott Beckett has been with Insigniam for over eighteen years and is the youngest person to be named a partner at the firm. He is a member of the firm’s Learning & Development team and is responsible for consultant talent acquisition.
Scott’s clients produce remarkable, business-altering results, including an 87% success rate in breakthrough project delivery. In a recent engagement, Scott coached a global airline’s middle management team to drive employee empowerment, resulting in a twelve-point year-to-year improvement in employee engagement scores. Customer engagement scores also increased, climbing from a plateau of 41-43 percent to more than 60 percent. Participant-led projects generated an estimated $250 million to $350 million in additional revenue.
His impact includes helping a cross-functional team cut spending by forty-two percent in a multi-billion-dollar global distribution system, consulting with an American aerospace manufacturing company to cut the time to build an aircraft by twenty-five percent, and supporting a Forbes Global 500 multinational food and beverage company to completely redesign the go-to-market and distribution, resulting in error-free product launches.
Scott holds an M.A. in Education and a B.A. in English from the University of Denver. He is a Ph.D. candidate in Global Leadership and Change at Pepperdine University.
Awards and Recognition
- Eagle Scout
- The President’s Volunteer Service Award
- The President’s Call to Service Award
- 2015 Silver Antelope Award, Boy Scouts of America
- National Distinguished Service Award, Boy Scouts of America
- Leader in Sales, Insigniam, 2017
- Leader in Inspiring the Firm, Insigniam, 2017
- Leader in Client Satisfaction and Return on Investment, Insigniam, twice
- Customer Focused Innovation Program, Stanford Graduate School of Business
Public Speaking and Service
- Chairman of Program, 2019 World Scout Jamboree and 2021 National Boy Scout Jamboree
- Vice Chairman of Program, National Boy Scout Jamboree (2013, 2017)
- Board Member, Denver Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Board Member, Northern Star Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Board Member, American Hiking Society
- Speaker, Healthcare Fellows of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Speaker, “The Future of Healthcare,” National Organization of Nurse Executives Conference
- Speaker, Marshall School of Business MBA program, University of Southern California
- Speaker, multiple times to the national professional leadership of the Boy Scouts of America, most recently to a gathering of 3,000 attendees
- Facilitated the development of the Boy Scouts of America’s strategic plan as it entered its second century of service
Thought Leadership and Articles
- Where’s Our Free Beer?!: Part I, Part II, and Part III, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, January – February 2017
- On Executives: The Executive’s Being is Not What They’re Doing; The Executive’s Way of Being; and What Makes an Executive an Executive?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, October – November 2016
- Co-author, Culture Quiz: Are You Building the Right Organizational Culture?, IQ Insigniam Quarterly®, Summer 2016
- Leadership is an Explanation; Action is What Matters, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, July 2015
- Design Thinking: Part I – Everyone is a Designer; Part II – Prototyping Perfection; Part III – Creators Are Not Referees, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March – April 2015
- Q&A With Robert Wiseman, IQ Insigniam Quarterly, Winter 2015
- The Power of Coordinated Action, IQ Insigniam Quarterly, Fall 2014
- Technology Needs to be Part of Your Strategy Innovation, IQ Insigniam Quarterly, September 2013
- If Email Isn’t Getting Results, Change It, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, December 2012
- Read more articles here.