Consultant - United States
Susan Markham holds more than twenty years of consulting experience, including in helping leaders go beyond the predictable and sustainably produce results that set themselves apart in the marketplace. Susan is committed to people thriving in an organization and an organization thriving because of its people.
In one engagement, Susan guided a team to generate the largest submission the FDA had ever received. The project resulted in a record time for drug approval, saving millions of dollars for the client and significantly improving patient outcomes. She also led a portfolio of five simultaneous breakthrough projects with a North Carolina-based multi-hospital healthcare system. After working with Susan, the organization realized national award-winning results in the key performance indicators of lowering of re-admission rates, shortening length of stay, elevating physician engagement, creation of diversity council, and improvement in safety and quality measures. In addition, Susan consulted pro bono for an organization that examines and reveals gaps in women’s and men’s experiences at work. The work included enhancing the executive committee’s impact and business results, supporting individual projects, strategy work, and leadership development.
Prior to joining Insigniam, Susan owned and operated a successful travel company and delivered leadership development seminars in Philadelphia that impacted the lives and communities of over 300 people.
Susan holds a B.S. in Education from Temple University.
Awards and Recognition
- Leader in Service, Insigniam, 2016
- Rising Star, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2012
- Leader in Increasing Her Value, Insigniam, 2011
- Leader in Generating Value for Firm, Insigniam, 2011
- Award for Client Satisfaction, Insigniam, 2011
Public Speaking and Service
- Speaker, The Power of Context, ThermoFisher Executive Retreat, 2016
- Speaker, Leading in Times of Change and Uncertainty, The Mackay CEO Forum, 2016
- Committee, Leading Women, Montgomery County Community College Foundation, 2012 – present
- LibertyUSO Advisory Council
- Board of Directors, The Dream Factory
- Speaker, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Advisory Board Meeting, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Speaker, J&J Global Surgery on Innovation and Culture Transformation, 2014
- Panel speaker, Tri-County Area Women’s Roundtable, 2014
- Speaker, North Carolina Organization of Nurse Leaders, 2013
- Speaker, H.E.L.P. Seminar on Leading through Times of Change and Uncertainty, 2013
- Daiichi Sankyo Sales Training Leadership Conference, 2011
- Continental Advisory Board, 2000 – 2005
- Sandler President’s Club, 2003
- Worked with the End Violence Project, a ten-week program at prisons to shift the environment and culture for and with inmates, 2002-2005
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, 1998-2000
Thought Leadership Articles
- Effective Executive Communication, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, September 2016
- Five Lessons in Inspirational Leadership, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, June 2016
- Integrity as the Foundation for Breakthrough Performance and Results, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, July 2015
- Transformational Leadership vs. Change Management—What’s the Difference?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, December 2014
- How to Motivate Your Organization to Achieve Breakthrough Performance, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, August 2014