Suzanne M. Grugan
Partner - United States
Suzanne Grugan has over twenty-five years of experience in corporate operations management and possesses expertise in insurance, real estate, financial services, and the public sector. She has been a member of the Insigniam team since 1997.
Facing market share loss, stagnation in innovation, and declining morale, a medical device company with more than 150 years in business and strong brand recognition solicited Suzanne’s guidance. After working with Suzanne to create breakthrough project teams, the company saw its best financial performance in over a decade, a full innovation pipeline with multiple new product launches, and a new development process. Other engagements include consulting a global pharmaceutical firm to submit to the FDA forty-four days ahead of schedule and working with a global retailer to add $1.2 billion in sales while eliminating several hundred million in costs.
Before joining Insigniam, Suzanne was the senior executive for a $7.1 billion insurance and financial services firm. Working alongside the mayor, other government officials, and thirty-two CEOs from the City of Philadelphia, Suzanne co-led the Mayor’s Private Sector Taskforce on Management and Productivity. This group transformed business practices and policy to improve the economic climate for businesses in Philadelphia.
Suzanne has served on the boards of the End Violence Project and United Way. She studied at Saint Joseph’s University.
Awards and Recognition
- Exemplary Performance Award, Penn Mutual Life Insurance Co. — one of only 25 senior executives recognized throughout the company’s 150-year history
- Citation from the City of Philadelphia, contribution to the financial viability and operations of the city
- Award for Inspiring Her Teammates, Insigniam, 2011
Public Speaking and Service
- Board Member, End Violence Project, an organization devoted to ending violence without violence
- Served multiple terms on boards for the United Way; active in the Gift of Life Organ Donor program
Thought Leadership Articles
- Crafting a Strategic Transformation, IQ Insigniam Quarterly®, Winter 2016
- Managing Change 101: Implementation, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, January 2016
- Spinning Zeal Into Results Through Technological Breakthrough, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2015
- Goal! How Adidas Scored $2 Billion by Serving Their World Cup Clientele, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, June 2014
- Get Creative and Avoid Business as Usual, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, September 2013
- Don’t Break the Rules for Innovation; Break the Bad Processes, August 2012