Consultant – New Jersey
Driven by a passion to help clients achieve dramatically improved results, Bruce Zimmer, an Insigniam consultant, has helped companies accomplish what might normally seem as impossible. His background includes managing an international education company, giving him a comfort level in working with a variety of clients across many different industries and geographic locations.
Bruce’s work with a client in the household and personal products industry led to a savings of nearly $15 million in inventory carrying costs in seven months. This breakthrough result would not have been part of the predictable future for this client.
In addition to dramatic cost savings, Bruce has helped transform a major international food retail conglomerate ranked “worst in safety” to “best in class” in only 10 months. This client was plagued with a toxic culture between the company management and the union labor force in their distribution center. The cultural transformation that was led by Bruce entailed forming a leadership coalition with management and union heads then creating and implementing a series of initiatives to drive performance. While safety performance was one key metric that was dramatically improved, the client also yielded significant gains in on-time delivery, quality, and workplace morale.
Deploying Insigniam’s Breakthrough Project methodology, Bruce shepherded a family owned generic pharmaceutical business through the transition to a profitable, technology-driven, specialty pharmaceutical business. He worked with R&D, quality, manufacturing, sales, and marketing professionals in that firm to bring a blockbuster, branded gout drug to market in twelve months. This project laid the foundation for the new business model for this client and has yielded on-going success for that organization.
Before joining Insigniam, Bruce slashed wait times for vehicle inspections from several hours to 30 minutes as a New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles employee. Among other career accomplishments, he facilitated a three-day education and strategy session for more than 5,000 Mercury Communications employees in the United Kingdom; designed new business strategies with creative marketing tactics; and coached world-renowned piano teacher Edna Golandsky on marketing her somewhat controversial playing style to a mainstream audience.
Bruce is passionate about his family, which includes his wife, Jen, who also works with the firm, and their children, Sarah and Sam.
- Master of Arts, Organizational Development, Kean University
- Bachelor of Science, English and Education, Kean University
Public Speaking and Service:
- Speaking engagement about change at The Golandsky Institute’s summer program at Princeton University, On-going
Thought Leadership and Articles:
- Generic to Branded Pharma: Pt. I — Prescribing Transformation, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, August 2015
- Lead with the Future—Leave the Past Behind, Insigniam Quarterly, January 2015
- HBO Channels a Big Step Towards Transforming the Cable Industry, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, October 2014
- Myths About Management Coaching, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, June 2013
- How To Avoid Losing Millions In Revenue During An ERP Update, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, June 2012
- Enterprise-Wide Transformation Needs Employee ‘Enrollment’, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, July 2012
- Why business as usual is dangerous, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, April 2012
- If You Have Followers, You’re Leading Wrong, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2012
- Enterprise Accountability: ‘Send it Back!’, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2012
- Give Complacency the Pink Slip If You Want Better Business Results, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2012