Consultant - United States
Ashley Tappan possesses career expertise in an array of industries, including sports, television, customer service, sales, and leadership development. She has worked with business leaders to fulfill their visions across the globe for over twenty years.
Among her clients are a manufacturing facility that went from “good” to “best-in-class” in execution and higher utilization, which resulted in customer service levels rising from 67% to 100%. Before joining Insigniam, Ashley managed, built, and led training in leadership and high performance at a competitive telecommunications company. She also worked for the world’s largest
television shopping channel for four years in on-air sales where she helped grow a line of specialty travel accessories into a multimillion-dollar business.
Ashley’s ability to develop and coach innovative programs that lead to unprecedented results has earned her several accolades, including recognition as a Rising Star and a Luminary of the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association.
Ashley attended Indiana University, where she received her B.A. while cycling competitively. Today, she is an active triathlete and coaches people to use their fitness as a tool for developing their leadership.
Awards and Recognition
- Leader in Teamwork & Collaboration, Insigniam, 2016, 2017
- Leader in Increasing Her Value, Insigniam, 2016
- Innovation Award, Philadelphia Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Chapter Board, 2015 Winner, Philadelphia-area LEAD award, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, for innovative leadership programs, 2013
- Luminary, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2013
- Rising Star, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, 2011
- “Above and Beyond” Volunteer of the Year, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Greater Philadelphia Chapter, 2010
Public Speaking and Service
- Moderator, Jacksonville Women’s Leadership Forum, 2017
- Global Chairperson, Healthcare Businesswomen Association’s Annual Conference, 2017
- Global Chairperson, Healthcare Businesswomen Association’s Fit To Lead Affinity Group
- Greater Jacksonville USO Council, 2017
- National Co-Chair, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Leadership Conference, 2011
- Member, Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Greater Philadelphia Chapter, 2010
- President, Philadelphia Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), 2008-2009
- Chairperson of a Philadelphia leadership development program, 2005-2007 Rotary Club Business Person’s Exchange Program Scholarship, 2002
- Big Sister for Big Brothers Big Sisters, Philadelphia, 1997-2007
Thought Leadership Articles
- Co-author, Transformational Leadership Development Starts with Fitness, Insigniam Quarterly®, Spring 2016
- Why Creating Breakdowns Is Not What You Think, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, May 2016
- Building (and Keeping) High Performance Teams, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, October 2015
- Get out of my way! — Breakthrough performance or force?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, January 2015
- Managing Change: How doing little things differently can help you make big changes, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, September 2014
- Fitness & Transformational Leadership: What’s the Connection?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, April 2014