Consultant – United States
Barry Maloney is a consultant with Insigniam working out of the Los Angeles office. With more than fifteen years of experience working in finance and capital management, Barry’s clients credit him for his creativity, big-picture thinking, and listening skills.
Prior to joining Insigniam, Barry was the Vice President of Business Development at Fairbanks Capital Management, headquartered in Rancho Santa Fe, California. He has over a decade’s worth of experience in investment and capital management. In a recent engagement with Insigniam, Barry coached R&D executives at a major biopharmaceutical company to elevate their performance, and successfully meet the overarching business plan.
A dual citizen of Ireland and the United States, Barry holds his B.Sc. in computer applications with honors from Dublin City University and his GDip in actuarial science from Kent at Canterbury, UK. In the San Diego Irish community, he has co-founded a thriving and successful charitable organization in conjunction with the local Irish Consulate Office and Gaelic sports clubs.
Thought Leadership and Articles
- Break the “Cycle” of What’s Predictable, Insigniam Blog, December 2020
- What Are the Golem and Pygmalion Effects in Our Work?, Insigniam Blog, December 2020
- Talk Isn’t Cheap, Insigniam Blog, October 2020
- It’s Not Gossiping, We’re Connecting, Insigniam Blog, September 2020
- “The” Solution to Complex Phenomenon Part II: There Is No One Solution, Insigniam Blog, August 2020
- “The” Solution to Complex Phenomenon Part I: Turning AI Into a Thing, Insigniam Blog, August 2020
- The Conversation of Decision Rights, Insigniam Blog, July 2020
- Continuous Feedback vs. Annual Appraisals, Insigniam Blog, February 2020
- How Do You Know If You Are Truly Innovating?, Insigniam Blog, September 2019
- The Marvel Of Relatability, Insigniam Blog, July 2019
- What Games Are You Playing?, Insigniam Blog, June 2019
- The Innovator’s (Invisible) Dilemma, Insigniam Blog, April 2019
- Unhooking From Unconscious Bias Trainings, Insigniam Blog, March 2019
- Relationships, Emergence And Your Organization, Insigniam Blog, December 2018
- Black Swans, Anti-Fragility And Organizations, Insigniam Blog, December 2018