Culture Transformation Produces Performance Breakthroughs
A company-wide survey in a European company revealed a corporate culture of “firefighting” and blame. These dynamics were contributing to weakened market performance in a highly competitive industry. This was further aggravated by an entrenched sense of arrogance that was fostered by the company’s long dominant position as one of their countries largest companies.
Through a custom designed Breakthrough Performance leadership program the executive management team was able to:
- Open communication among team members to increase collaboration and in one instance save over $4 million by implementing a recommendation that would have been ignored in the past
- Breakdown silos in a manufacturing plant and work with the design office to redesign and save costs
- Complete a manufacturing project three months ahead of schedule
- Reduce key engineering cycle time from 28 to 18 days
- Create a new opportunity for revenue in the patent department