Consultant — United States
Laura Wang is a consultant with Insigniam working out of the Los Angeles office. Clients credit Laura for her structured and reliable approach to problem solving.
Joining Insigniam after a successful career working in business development, marketing, and clinical development at healthcare and medical device organizations, Laura believes strongly that organizational performance is a product of the actions of all the individuals working inside of an enterprise. In one engagement, Laura successfully facilitated the training of a group of change agents at a non-profit organization with 2.4 million members in North America. Participants walked away as better communicators and with specific action plans to mobilize the organization for a culture change.
Prior to joining Insigniam, Laura led marketing projects at a $1B+ annual revenue business unit within Medtronic, where she updated and received approval for over two dozen sales materials in a matter of weeks, as compared to a previous average of 7-8 months. Her effective communication and cross-functional teamwork abilities is applauded across marketing, regulatory, engineering and physician education teams. As a result of her work, a sizing tool that was rated #1 in importance by salespeople was refreshed and delivered in record time. The tool continues to directly benefit physicians and patients in the Operating Room in the areas of patient safety and case completion times.
Laura holds her B.B.A. in marketing and international business from The Goizueta Business School at Emory University prior to earning her MBA from The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine. She currently serves as the Young Alumni Chair for the Dean’s Leadership Circle at UCI Paul Merage School of Business.
Thought Leadership Articles
- Coronavirus and the Lessons for Executives Worldwide, Insigniam Blog, February 2020
- Who is Daniel Zhang and Why is He the New CEO for Alibaba?, Insigniam Blog, November 2019
- Three Business Lessons From Military Officer Training, Insigniam Blog, October 2019
- Reshaping The Patient Experience – Innovation With Simplicity, Focus On Culture, Led By Champions, Insigniam Blog, August 2019
- What I Learned About Communication From A Swiss Bakery, Insigniam Blog, May 2019