Shideh Sedgh Bina
Founding Partner – Pennsylvania
As one of the founding partners for Insigniam and Editor in Chief of Insigniam Quarterly, Shideh Sedgh Bina is an expert in working with complex organizations to generate breakthrough results in topline growth, strategy implementations, improved profitability, and culture change. Shideh’s specialties include development of breakthrough strategies that change the rules in the competitive landscape, enterprise-wide transformation, and C-suite executive alignment for global 1000 companies.
For over 25 years, Shideh has remained committed to transforming the world of business, management, and leadership by unleashing the power of inspired human performance, thereby catalyzing breakthrough results and unlocking remarkable value.
Prior to her work in management consulting, Shideh was a successful entrepreneur who conceived, owned, and managed a profitable upscale retail business before selling it to her employees so that she could lead and manage the New England region for an international training and development firm. In that capacity, Shideh was accountable for operations, business development, and faculty training, and was recognized with several awards for achieving unprecedented levels of performance.
In 1990, Shideh co-founded High Performance Consulting before merging with the Rosenberg Group in 2005 to co-found Insigniam. Since then, she has been responsible for the firm’s business development and marketing.
Her expertise in change management and operations has made her a highly sought-after speaker at numerous executive conferences for Fortune 500 companies, and she serves as the editor-in-chief of Insigniam Quarterly, available in print and digital editions, filled with insights from executive contributors on thought leadership, breakthrough performance techniques, and culture transformations.
She is also a Trustee of the Committee for Economic Development; a nonprofit, nonpartisan, business-led, public policy organization that delivers well researched analysis and reasoned solutions on our nation’s most critical issues.
Beyond her professional role, Shideh is passionate about her family — which includes her husband, Shahab, and three sons — as well as traveling the world. She is also a voracious reader and a competitive poker player.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, Concentration in Multi-National Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1981
Thought Leadership and Articles
- 10 Disruptive Forces in Healthcare, Becker’s Hospital Review, May 2014
- HBA’s Women of the Year 2014, Pharmaceutical Executive Magazine, April 2014
- GM’s Appointment of Mary Barra to CEO: Women as a Competitive Advantage, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, December 2013
- Leadership Isn’t a Solitary Journey, Insigniam Quarterly, December 2013
- Prevent M&A Heartburn, The European, November 2013
- Leadership For a New Era, PharmaVOICE, October 2013
- Strategy Innovation Starts with Great Questions, Insigniam Quarterly, September 2013
- What is the North Star for your Strategic Planning, Insigniam Quarterly, September 2013
- 2013 Insigniam Executive Shadowing Study, Insigniam Quarterly, June 2013
- You Have A Transformation Strategy, But Is Your Organization Part Of It?, Insigniam Quarterly, June 2013
- Creating a Process for Innovative Thinking and Leadership, HBAdvantage, March 2013
- 2012 Insigniam Corporate Culture Report, Insigniam Quarterly, March 2013
- Kill That Strategic Plan And Build A Framework Instead, Insigniam Quarterly, March 2013
- 2013 Insigniam Executive Sentiment Survey, 2013
- Views from the C-Suite – That Are Not Always Seen, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, June 2012
- On Wall Street, Big Paychecks Do Not Replace Corporate Culture, Reuters, June 2012
Public Speaking and Service
- Former Board Member, End Violence Project
- Member of the Forum for Executive Women
- Speaker, The American Society for Training and Development: International Conference
- Speaker, Business Model Transformation: The Role of Innovation, 2013 Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Leadership Conference
- Speaker, 2008 Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Leadership Conference
- Speaker, Accelerating Performance Through Cultural Transformation, ASHHRA 49th Annual Conference
- Speaker, The International Conference of Product Development Managers
- Speaker, The Association of Food and Drug Officials Education Conference
- Keynote Speaker/Presenter, yearly internal executive client-sponsored conferences such as AutoZone, Dow Jones & Company, Gartner, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Office Depot, Quaker Oats Company, The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P)
Awards and Recognition
- Named one of three of Healthcare Businesswoman’s Association’s 2014 Women of the Year
- Selected as one of the Outstanding Young Women of America in 1985
- Recognized by Wharton as one of 40 prominent business leaders under 40 in the Philadelphia tri-state area in 1995
- Acknowledged as a significant business leader by the Philadelphia Business Journal in its book Business Leaders of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Business Journal listed High Performance Consulting as one of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the Philadelphia area for three years running
- Acknowledged in David Logan’s book The Three Laws of Performance