Suzanne M. Grugan
Partner – Pennsylvania
With over a quarter century of corporate operations management expertise, Suzanne Grugan is a key leader in Insigniam’s partners group. She taps into a wealth of knowledge in insurance, real estate, financial services, and the public sector to bring meaningful transformation to her clients.
Before joining Insigniam in 1997, Suzanne was a senior executive for a $7.1 billion insurance and financial services firm, providing her with the background to aid clients with cost containment, productivity improvements, process re-engineering and leadership development.
Working alongside the mayor, other government officials, and 32 CEO’s from the City of Philadelphia, Suzanne co-led the Mayor’s Private Sector Taskforce on Management and Productivity. This group transformed business practices and policy to improve the economic climate for businesses in Philadelphia.
Her consulting on the development of a cross-functional, speed-to-market process revolutionized new product development for a client in the medical device industry. The client, with more than 150 years in business and strong brand recognition, was facing market share loss, stagnation in innovation, and declining morale. Under Suzanne’s guidance the firm created breakthrough project teams to address the issues and opportunities resulting in the best financial performance in over a decade, a full innovation pipeline with multiple new product launches, and a development process that is predictable.
When a global retailer was facing growing costs, the impact of operating in international silos and redundancies, Suzanne worked with the executive team to design and launch a strategy for operating as a global enterprise for improved financial performance. As a result, they added $1.2B in sales while taking out several hundred million dollars in costs.
When a global biopharmaceutical firm needed to meet an unprecedented commitment on timing for a new product filing or face lowered analyst ratings and lose first to market advantage, they turned to Insigniam for help. Suzanne worked with a cross-functional breakthrough project team to meet what seemed like an impossible goal. When the underlying concerns were revealed and addressed, the team was able to rally around what was possible. For this firm the result was submitting to the FDA 44 days earlier than committed which put them in the position of being first to market. This was a financial gain of about $1 million per day for every day that they beat their already extraordinarily aggressive goal.
Suzanne enjoys spending time with her family, and is a loving aunt to more than 40 nieces and nephews. She has a passion and keen eye for interior design and in her spare time enjoys visiting museums and art galleries and expanding her love of music.
- Studied at Saint Joseph’s University
Awards and Recognition
- Exemplary Performance Award, Penn Mutual Life Insurance Co. — one of only 25 senior executives recognized throughout the company’s 150-year history
- Citation from the City of Philadelphia, contribution to the financial viability and operations of the city
Public Speaking and Service
- Board Member, End Violence Project, an organization devoted to ending violence without violence
- Has served multiple terms on boards for the United Way and is active in the Gift of Life Organ Donor program.
Thought Leadership Articles
- Spinning Zeal Into Results Through Technological Breakthrough, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, March 2015
- Championship Culture, Championship Results, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, June 2014
- Goal! How Adidas Scored $2 Billion by Serving Their World Cup Clientele, Insigniam Innovation Blog, June 2014
- Get Creative And Avoid Business As Usual, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, September 2013
- Did You Inspire Your Managers Today?, Enterprise Transformation Results Blog, September 2012
- Don’t Break the Rules for Innovation; Break the Bad Processes, August 2012